Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Overdue

My masters assignment is now one day overdue.  It just didn't get finished yesterday.  It's now 7.30pm in the evening and I've only just started looking at it now.  It really wont take long as I only have the referencing to clean up, checking the 1.5 line spacing and correct font, and finding the coversheet etc to go.  Should be done in an hour.  A day late is about -5% I think.

I spent the earlier part of the day mowing my lawns (got a new lawn mower yesterday!) and installing my washing machine (got a new washing machine finally today).  I also had much fun doing the "preliminary"pack for my trip which is where I lay out everything I'd like to take, and then secondary pack is where I divide the preliminary number of clothes by two. 

Things are getting more exciting now as I was checking the weather in Kathmandu, Lhasa, and Paro.  I already know Taiwan is hot and humid (yay), I wasn't sure about Kathmandu (average of 23oC in September) and Lhasa and Paro are fairly mild at about 18oC.  Of course I got Mt Everest Base Camp which I can guess with much accuracy will be cold to very cold.

I'm also trying to hook up with a fellow ambulance person in Nepal as he has much to do with a few clinics over there despite this trip supposed to be being a "tourist-only" trip as I haven't had a pure "for pleasure" holiday in three years due to study and volunteering.

No comments:

Post a Comment