Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Addiction



I realised today I'm addicted to studying medicine.  My friend is studying advanced intensive care paramedic practice and asked me to proof read her assignment on infective endocarditis for her....  Well, the poor girl has red pen all over her assignment and then I was suggesting her to write about the empirical antibiotic therapy and how they work on the bacteria!  Seriously!  I think that was a bit overboard.  I was able to tell her about the modified Duke criteria which is essential when talking about IE diagnosis.  And then I really go into it, citing references she could use and latest journal articles.  Seems like all this med study is doing something to help me advance in the world of healthcare afterall.

Anyway, the major revelation was how addicted I am to it all.  I couldn't stop.  I actually miss study now and want to go back, especially seeing as I have a bit more control over my diet and exercise.  I'm back on my laptop with my glasses on.  Maybe I can actually step foot into my study room again this week.

Well, with my foot taped up I was able to do my Tracy Anderson Mat and walk for 20mins on the deadly (treadmill) at a 15% incline which was enough to get a sweat up.  So, if I'm not working tomorrow, I really need to go hard in the cardio intensity and increase the duration of the lower-intensity.  I have been thinking about when I would have my "cheat meal" this week - well it happened tonight.  My coworker wanted to go to the pub for dinner, so chicken kiev with chips and Coke then Crunchie for dessert is what happened.  At first I didn't enjoy the "dirty" food (as opposed to the clean eating I've been doing for the past 4 weeks), but then I got into it and got a real sugar-high, which I think contributed to going overboard on proof-reading my friends assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment