Monday, April 9, 2012

Truth

One of my TCM lecturers said the other day (paraphrasing): "When I came to Australia from China, I was surprised when I was told you (wwetserners) believe there is only one version of the truth."

So, excuse the non-linear format this blog has taken as I go through a journey this year.

I may have said in a previous post, I'm taking a year off to discover whether I want to continue with medicine. And when I say medicine I mean western biomedicine. I certainly want to continue being a healer and develop my capacity. My reason for questioning is multi-dimensional.

So, as I go through my journey, I may post a few random thoughts.

One of them reasons I've had to take a step back is to find "the middle way". Working full time shift work on call in a stressful job, doing 30+ hours overtime a fortnight, and studying a medical degree primarily by distance, and paying a mortgage, let's just say I was well away from the middle.

Ok so that's my random thought for now.

Back to watching the Q and A show with a debate on atheist versus theist. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment