Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gratitude

I'm not sure if I do this enough but I want to express my gratitude to the universe and my community for allowing me the great honour of serving them as a paramedic.

Sometimes working with a negative person can make you react more strongly positive. Today I was reflecting on a certain someone I work with and was thinking "I can't believe they are not more grateful for the privilege we have of being invited into someone's personal crisis and how lucky we are to be giving opportunities sent to us every day to be able to help people". I mean, irrespective of the "It should be/shouldn't be"s, and the "what's wrong" voice we always have in our heads, I wonder how someone can't get so tired of their own complaints. I know I sure am.

A few weeks ago the BF and I were taking the dog for a walk when we literally stumbled upon a couple with a flat tyre. They didn't have the right tools to change the tyre. I was so happy to find them! I was thinking "Awesome! I get to help someone today! Yay!" It was so easy because my house was just around the corner, we had nothing planned that day except the walk, my BF is very handy with that sort of thing and certainly doesn't complain about a little hard work. It was perfect.

bother thing is, I had another nasty job the other night and it just makes me so much more grateful for the people that call an ambulance that aren't really having a medical emergency. I know it drives a lot of ambos batty, but I am glad to do the "easy" jobs most of the time and help people get to medical attention even if it's just because they don't have petrol in their car.


No comments:

Post a Comment