Sunday, April 15, 2012

Medical school drop-out

I decided today. While driving to the cinema. To see Hunger Games. Which was worth it for Lenny. But I digress.

For 8 weeks I've been wrestling in my mind between western med and TCM. The reasons are varied and this post is the second person I've told (after the BF). So many considerations were made, but one of the biggest clenchers was I imagined myself winning the lottery and what would I do.

Most importantly I'm really happy. I was going to give myself the year to decide, but honestly I'm glad to have mad a decision so I can focus and move forward.

Maybe I'll go back one day, maybe not. Maybe I'll finish the last 4 units to graduate with a Masters of Medicine, maybe not.

I'm not against western med, it's just not the journey I need to be on right now. Maybe I'll post more of the details in reflection later. I did want to talk about how I'm leaving with my head held high, a Distinction average, knowing if I wanted to do it I could and that the decision to leave is made freely and not because I've failed or can't cut-it.

Mostly I'm proud I listened to my inner voice, my inner guide, my spirit. It took me on a slightly different path than originally planned, but hey that's the exciting thing about life. Just because I'm 33 doesn't mean I can't overhaul my ego which was "I'm a med student" for the past 2 years. That takes guts, man.

I'm looking forward to taking what I've learnt And living my calling and my dream of being a healer.

No comments:

Post a Comment