Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Over it.

Had a lovely morning being Valentine's Day - it is all about who you spend it with for sure. As the BF and I are saving to build our new house and want to do a bit of travel soon and we don't want reject materialism/consumerism, we tend to do "quality time" activities instead of buying gifts. This morning was breakfast in bed and a nice massage for me before work. Lovely.

We also did some cool stuff in the city as our sort-of V-day-weekend. We went to the National Gallery of Victoria (free!) and walked the city streets on the warm Summer's night to a short-film festival put on by the United National Association about sustainability and transitioning to a greener world. We then went down Chinatown and had an interesting(!) cheap meal there, which my positive spin was something like "Well this mutton stew will be good practice for us when we go to Mongolia!" lol

Ever since one of the BF's horses bit him really hard on the arm, I've been scared of them. I'm scared of his cows too. I can handle the Shetland pony mostly. When we walk around his property I just anxious if I realise I'm in the same paddock as them and if they start walking or running towards us I freak out. When I hear jobs on the work radio about people being injured and even killed by their livestock I shudder. I have no idea how I'm going to handle living on a farm.

Veganism - I have been caught a few times "forgetting" that I'm vegan. I even nearly ate meat on the weekend - the chicken sandwiches looked so tasty! I managed to get a vegetable sushi roll but as I got halfway through it I realised there was mayonnaise in it. Darn. I'm back at home now so it should be easier again.

And my study - well, my motivation and enthusiasm is at an all-time low. I have 3 weeks left and I really can't be bothered. I am at risk of failing if I don't get my act together. I'm just so annoyed all the time at the remote proctor not working and the issues I have with trying to communicate with the faculty staff. I'm annoyed at the lectures being compulsory and my internet being unreliable and stressing about losing grades. I'm annoyed that the lectures are mostly the students talking and the stress of being put on the spot to answer questions I may not have read about as yet. I'm really annoyed that the quiz questions are commonly poorly written and so dis-jointed and often don't reflect the learning objectives of the week making me suffer losing valuable marks. 

Yeh, I'm over it.




No comments:

Post a Comment