Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Michelle Bridges 12-Week Body Transformation

So I've signed up to do the Michelle Bridges 12-Week Body Transformation program (www.12wbt.com).

Four weeks of preseason started this week and our first task was to list all our regular excuses and to provide solutions for them all. I have it printed out stuck right under my alarm clock! I also helps that I have a bikini-clad trip to Bali in 9 weeks. It's also my 34th birthday (it looks way older to see it written down) a week after the 12wbt round ends, so that's good motivation too. And then of course Summer starts again. And I promised myself if I deferred this year of med school that I would use the extra free time to get my fitness (and budget) sorted out. I have to be true to my own word to myself otherwise it will be so demoralising.

I put on 10kg in a rapid 3 months when I met my new BF last year. I guess love is a powerful drug. I was also under incredible stress at med school and financially too, working too much and not getting enough sleep, and I also started on Implanon (I had that removed 2 weeks ago) so there's a few confounding factors. One positive thing I learnt was I still think I look attractive even after increasing by nearly 20% of my body weight. I don't have to be afraid of ugly fatness which means I'm wanting to lose weight to go towards something, not running away from something I'm terrified of happening. I just hat show tight my clothes are right now and if I'm going to buy a new wardrobe full of clothes, they will be size 8s or 10s, not 12s and 14s.

Even though the round starts in 4 weeks, I will begin exercising and eating healthy now anyway. Today was my first day of exercise in forever. I have today off (first "day" off in 7 days but working night shift tonight), the sun was out and the weather forecast said it might rain later. I was lying in bed thinking, oh no my ego's gonna start talking any minute so I just got up and out of bed and got organised. Even though my wardrobe is organised, I really need to lay out my workout gear the night before. At least my shoelaces on my runners were undone unlike usual.

The dog was happy and we only had one incident involving an alpaca and now I have rope burn on my hand and a mildly sprained ankle. He behaves better when running as opposed to walking so that's even more motivation for me to keep the pace up. We ran about 50% and walked about 50%. We ran to nearly the first corner, so next time will be making it to the corner.

We just did the smaller 2.5km loop but it's good to be back. On the run I was thinking about doing some resistance training but then I came home and got on the computer and now that idea's completely gone. I'll also have to set up the workout space again so I can get straight into it. Also, I don't have any groceries which really sucks as I'm so hungry.

So I'll be using this preseason time to do the 12wbt tasks but also to get my routine in place so I can start the actual round in full swing. The routine I mean is the laying out of workout clothes the day before, checking the weather forecast, getting the DVD player back in the front lounge room where there's space to workout, and getting over my dread of treadmills. Also, of planning and shopping for groceries with meal plans and planning my "free" meal for the week. Also, my glass of red at night needs to be replaced with herbal teas.

I'll be labelling my posts about my journey on the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation as "12wbt" so if you're just here to read about that aspect of my life and not all the other random musings about ego and boring detail about studying biochemistry, then on the side of the screen there's a pull-out tab and just choose labels and then 12wbt.

So, I will be posting my weights here which is embarrassing but it's to remain accountable and I will post them every Sunday until the end of the round on Sunday the 26th of August.

Current weight: 67kg (BMI 24.6)
Goal weight 1: 65kg
Goal weight 2: 63kg
Goal weight 3: 61kg
Goal weight 4: 59kg
End goal weight: 57kg (BMI 20.9)
Ultimate goal weight: 54kg (BMI 19.8)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment