Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Closing the blog - wrap up

I thought I'd write a post and leave it up for a few weeks letting you all know I am closing this blog! I'm so sorry!

Why? Um, personal reasons. Let's just say I've had some privacy issues lately. I have other areas in my life apart from this blog (shock, huh?) and I figure the best way to control everything and protect my privacy is to basically stop being on the net. There's other things I want to do as well, and I need to downsize, once again, my life to something more manageable. Sort of a spring cleaning of sorts.

I did want to finish this blog with a final post saying that I'm pretty optimistic for my future in med school and that of OUM. My grades are where they're supposed to be, my finances are flowing nicely, and I'm only a few months away from escaping pre-clinical and getting into my clinical rotations.

OUM keeps improving the way they do things and I'm happy with what they're doing right now and the few things they have lined up in the pipe works.

My health has seemed to have survived being back for a term. I have some really exciting things coming up in the next 12 months outside of med school as well, so I'm somehow maintaining this work-life-study-health balance. Things are so much easier when you're healthy.

I've really enjoyed writing this blog. Thank you so much for your support along the way.

OUM has a Facebook page which is an easy way to ask questions, and remember that if you ask, OUM will try and put you in contact with current students so you can ask anything you want to know.

My last bit of advice is to remember that the really big things in life often come with big sacrifices. I doubt I'd want to be a doctor so much if it was "easy". However, the important things in life are rarely the "big" things. Take time to smell the roses, swallow your pride work on relationships, look after your health as a priority, help other people discover their own dreams, and remember life is short and it's a journey - it's ok to make mistakes, change your mind, look like a fool, and try again. You don't get final points in the nursing home or hospital bed for being perfect.

Take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment