Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dichotomy of knowledge

I've been using USMLEWorld QBank as an additional resource to help me prepare for my weekly quizzes, and I found http://usmle-score-correlation.blogspot.com.au website to see what my QBank score would mean on the USMLEs.

It goes like this: The stuff I'm good at, from being a paramedic, ie cardiovascular/respiratory anatomy/physiology/pathology etc, I do really well in. Enough to get into what I want to get into. The stuff I don't have a background in, ie renal, isn't even good enough to pass. I haven't dared looked at my biochem scores for a long while.

Right now, what I'm not good in is outweighing what I am - too much.

I have a lot of work to do.

I'm gonna go read the renal sections of some of the books I have on my shelf now I've completed the allocated readings. It's a Sunday afternoon and I haven't left the house for days. I take no more than an hour off a day plus meal breaks.

Oh, and PS: my academic advisor doesn't count doing the readings as "study". Apparently I'm to read 100-200 pages per week, do all the lectures and meetings, and THEN do 40 hours of extra study on top. This could be where I've been going wrong. I've been doing 40 hours total, you know, a mere 7 hours, 6 days per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment