Tuesday, September 28, 2021

The Good Practice and GP Life

Six months into working as a GP Registrar at The Good Practice now. It's going really good. It took me a few months to get used to being treated fairly and respected after the first few hospital doctors years being so awful.

The work is pretty good too. I have my own office which is a newer one with a skylight and pot plants so I'm happy about that. It's been quite a nice mix of patients and acuity and I'm starting to enjoy the breadth of medicine you see in GP. I think I'd get bored in a specialty now that I've been doing this a little while.

I'm into the second semester of my Master of Psychiatry. It has been very neglected because of my other commitments and I'm uncertain if I'll continue, but Hubby is keen for me to continue.

The money is friggin amazing, Not to gloat but if you've read this blog you'd know of the massive sacrifices I've made for many years. It's so nice to be able to pay the bills without worrying too much. And because we did the Dave Ramsay Baby Steps when we had not much cash, we're able to streak ahead now. 

Having said that, Hubby might stop working and go to full-time study soon before we get used to the higher income and have lifestyle creep.


So:

1. Career - awesome

2. Family - awesome

3. Money- awesome

4. Home - awesome

5. Health - average


I've just started a Noom trial and I'm loving it. I was going to the gym every lunch break but I changed my hours so I can pick the kids up on time every day after school (the after-school care was stressing them) so now it's just a type of 10x workout at home.

That is all. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. HUGE congratulations on your new lifestyle.
    Please may I just clarify - is GP Registrar and GP trainee the same thing? Do you have to pass another exam? If so, it is very encouraging to see 9-3 is available during the training years :)
    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete