Tuesday, January 26, 2021

And another job offer (psych)

Predictably, now I have General Registration coming to me (probably this week), all the doors have flung open for me including a phone call and job offer in psychiatry.

It's a tough decision for me because I really love psych, but it would not be a guarantee on the training program, even though I've been assured by the powers that I would be in a great position to secure a training position mid-year, as the primary income-earner for the family and my dependants with lofty and expensive goals, I think I need to stick with my sure-bet of GP Land at The Good practice. My game-plan would still to apply mid-year for psych training and see what happens. I'll likely still stay in GP Land and have a special interest in mental health (which, by the way, is the top reason for GP visits in Australia).

I've also enrolled into the Master of Psychiatry program so I'm very excited to be doing that alongside my GP training with the view to go on to further research and PhD in Psychiatry/Mental Health particularly how it relates to the GP/community/primary health care setting. 

So that is what I'm up to.

In other areas of life, I am still absolutely loving where I live. The kids are going great. Hubby is doing great in this new part-time gig as a Counsellor and other part-time gig as a law student. 

________

I'm not sure how long it's been since I've talked about money on here. It was intrinsic to being about to complete my media l degree that I got "good" at money. It was always something that historically I "wasn't good at." Flash-back to 2014 when I decided that if I was able to learn medicine then surely I could learn about money and I got myself a public library membership and read almost the whole section on money ("Economics"). I skipped the books that were overly technical but I read everything else and that included these books that I recommend:

Money: Master the Game by Tony Robbins

The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsay

The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape

The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J Stanley

I also recommend World Poverty for Dummies (I already owned this from a humanitarian point of interest but I found it helped me get a grip on how wealthy I already was).

I guess I just mention this in case if you, like I was, are limited by your financial resources and need to maximise things to achieve your goals then this is what I recommend you do (read htose books, or listen to them on audiobook). 

Attached with purely financial books, I do also attribute the Marie Kondo method and minimalism as well to being an important step in how I "mastered the game."



No comments:

Post a Comment