Saturday, February 20, 2016

What is an ILIan?

So, I posted a few weeks ago that I was going to try and raise my IQ.

It is actually really difficult to find 20 minutes a day for something you're not very passionate about; that is not in your Top 3 goals for the day.

Sadly, so many competing priorities get left behind as I am busy with being a great mum, a great partner, and maintaining the household and providing 3x daily nutritious meals for the three of us. Oh yeh then there's work, med school, and other pursuits.

Anyway, I was decluttering some more (I can totally recommend Marie Kondo's method) and stumbled across an old test I did for special university entrance and it has allowed me membership with Intertel! Yay! That is the high IQ society for people who score in the 99th percentile or above.

So, anyway, it's not Triple Nine Society (aka TNS, 99.9th percentile) but it's a double nine society lol

Taking little wins where I can.

A member of Intertel is also sometimes known as an ILIan.

The test score I used placed me in the 99.8th percentile. Just a small 0.1% increase would be enough for TNS membership. It correlates with an IQ of 143. My goal was for 146 for TNS. I think this is a reasonable gain I could expect from proper nutrition, hydration, rest, sleep, and brain training.

From Wikipedia:

Some societies, including widely known societies such as Mensa, accept the results of standardized tests taken elsewhere. Those are listed below by selectivity percentile (assuming the now-standard definition of IQ as a standard score with a median of 100 and a standard deviation of 15 IQ points).
  • Top 2 percent of population (98th percentile; 1 person out of 50; approximately IQ 130):
    • Mensa International – as of January 2014, ~110,000 members from ~100 countries; annual dues for American Mensa are $70 (dues differ by country).
  • Top 1 percent (99th percentile; 1 out of 100; approximately IQ 135):
    • Intertel – as of January 2014, 1,300-1,400 members; annual dues are $39.
  • Top 0.1 percent (99.9th percentile; 1 out of 1,000; approximately IQ 146):
    • Triple Nine Society – as of January 2016, 1,700 members from 50 countries; annual dues are $10.
  • Top 0.003 percent (99.997th percentile; 1 out of 30,000; approximately IQ 160):
  • Top 0.0001 percent (not reliable with current tests):

No comments:

Post a Comment