Sunday, February 21, 2016

Retrain your brain to find Netflix boring and textbooks interesting

^^This is what I have done.

Today, I'm at work. I have a mild headache from working on-call. I want to just relax, so I watch a little Netflix on my laptop. A few minutes in and I'm bored. I find it SO hard to find a show I actually like. I'd rather be reading textbooks or intellectual articles on the internet.

Dammit.

I never used to be this way.

However, if you take enjoyment from activities that ADD VALUE to your life, then I reckon you're onto a winner. Learning for enjoyment has got to be one of the best ways to spend leisure time if you are after an investment into your future. Investing into your mind, health, and spirit are the best investments that can be made (in my humble opinion).

Today I'm reading Cecil's Textbook of Internal Medicine and the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine in preparation for my IM rotation coming up.

I have also been reading articles about Justin Wolfers, the Economist, and trying to think of how applying economic principles to my everyday life may be of benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment