Thursday, September 8, 2011

Budget hotel

After a long bus ride from Hong Kong airport to my hotel in Kowloon, I missed my stop and had to walk not far with luggage, i'm here.

I wasn't expecting much. Like Singapore, $135AUD gets you what I'd consider 3-star. But that's all ok if you're prepared for it. However, the food and transport is cheap. My 2-course lunch with tea or coffee was $10 AUD. It wasn't overly tasty, but that's ok too.

It's a bit insane here in Kowloon. It's not how I remembered HK from '99. Apart from it's reputable excellent shopping, I see no advantage in stopping here over Bangkok nor Singapore, and in my opinion KL remains superior. Indonesia should get themselves a good airline with stop-overs in Bali. Who wouldn't want to stop-over in Bali? And geographically-speaking, it's in the right place.

Anyway, I got a late check-out at my HK hotel which is the best thing that could've happened to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment